Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday musings

When I was setting up this blog for my distance learning class, I pondered for a long time about the name. I wanted it to reflect that it was in association with my class but wanted something that reflected me as well. I finally decided upon Becky's distance learning lounge. As I now view my blogging habits, it seems a fitting title, although that was not my intent at the time. A lounge is a causal place that one visits from time to time. Not particularly structured but comfortable. That tends to be how I blog. I'm not as ambitious as many of my classmates in posting faithfully about my learning experiences.I guess that's just who I am. I think it's an important consideration when using blogs in education. There will be a range of "styles" among our students as well. We need to tend to those differences in styles by providing an opportunity for students to use the tool in the ways that will benefit them most and in the ways in which they will learn the most.

No comments: