Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Using Survey Monkey

For my distance learning class I designed a formative survey for my multiculural counseling class. You can find it at Click Here to take survey. It was a very simple survey consisting of only 4 questions. I focused primarily on Web design, the usefulness of the various readings and assignments and a self estimate of how much time they spend on line weekly for the class. I also included an open ended question for comments/suggestions for improvement. Survey monkey was realtively easy to use and free (which is always good). I distributed the survey to 15 students and got 12 responses which is a great return rate. The results suggested that the students found the course to be well organized. They seemed to like most of the many readings. The amount of time spent online was interesting to me. 16% responded 1-3 hours; 25% responded 4-5 hours; 33% responded 6-7; and 25% responded more than 7. I think it would be interesting to test the accuracy of that self report. I suspect it is an overestimate :-). Fewer people responded to the open ended question (5 of 12). There were really no suggestions for improvement. Most of the responses were simply positive comments.

No comments: