Friday, July 20, 2007

Raptivity

I enjoyed playing with Raptivity. I thought it was intuitive and therefore easy to use with a number of applications that one might use to present material in a more interesting way. I chose to prepare an application for use in my multicultural counseling class. I used flash cards with photos of individuals from different racial categories to test students to see if they can "sort" people by race. Of course it is difficult, if not impossible, to do based on appearance which is the point of the exercise. You may access my activity at Sorting People by Race. I think the software would be useful but it's too expensive given that the UWG system offers a lower tech free version. While it is not as versatile it is free.

2 comments:

Dr Pam Miller said...

I do not seem to be able to view the activity.

Sandy Everyday Is An Adventure said...

I could not either. :-(